Monday, June 9, 2008

I think I have finally realized that this is it.
Certain people can give no more. Some people will try no more. And I can be this no more.

Maybe she was right. And maybe I knew it all along, I just ran from the truth because I was afraid it would hurt too much to accept it. But now I am in it all alone. For once though, I'm not scared. I can make it through all this on my own. I've gotten through worse, I've lost more.
My downfall was thinking it was me that was the strong one, when in reality it was just that God was my strength.

It's funny the power words have over us. Even one sweet text message can brighten your day, but one rude and thoughtless one can send you to bed crying. I just wish we all took more time to be loving to each other, building each other up instead of tearing each other down. Where does that even get us? I'm tired of all of us judging each other when we should criticize our own mistakes first. I'm sick of being let down by others because I made them my number one, when I should have kept that spot open for only Him.

I've learned a lot in the past few months and while I may not fully know who I am, I love finding it out. Because if Sex and the City has taught us anything (anything not shallow that is) it's that the most important relationship one can have is with themselves and if someone else just happens to come along and love us as well, then thats fabulous.
And yes, I know I messed it up-- but true fans should get the point.

No comments: