Friday, March 4, 2011

i am so grateful

Today I got to talk to my best friend Leigh twice. I cannot even begin to explain how happy this makes me. It's funny to think that a little over a year ago we were roommates and hung out all the time....and now if we get to talk once a month I consider myself lucky. This lady is by far one of the best people I know and I miss her so very much.
Getting to talk to her first thing this morning and skype tonight made me start thinking about all the good stuff in my life. She does that....she always helps bring me back to the good, the awesome, the things that God has done for me and somehow by the end of every conversation we're laughing and I feel like I belong again. Sometimes I think she may be one of the very few people on this earth that gets me and still loves me. She knows me better than myself and I am so incredibly lucky to have a friend like her.
So leighleigh, thank you for being my friend no matter what.

So on that happy note, things I am thankful for today:

my best friend and getting to talk to her twice in one day
the thought of biking tomorrow
a good day at work
my awesome students that always make me smile
my great mentor and directing teacher and all I have learned from her so far
my loving sister
dinner made for me by my sister
my mom
i love you text messages
pen pals, even though I have been bad about writing back
that I love love love love love my job
my comfy bed
Lost and the hours I can spend watching it here and there
my awesome roommate and his always being there for me
my girlfriends here in jax and all around the globe....yall rock!! and im so grateful for blogger and getting the chance to *meet* so many of you
for salads (good food with no guilt)
this life
God's love

Your turn.....take a minute and share on your blog (or here) what you are thankful for. You'll be surprised how much better you will feel after. :) Promise.

love,
kellz

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

You are so amazing! I am thankful for YOU! :)

Leigh said...

meant to comment on this a few days ago...

I love you soooo much kel! You are, in a ll seriousness, my sister. I love love love you xoxo

I was so happy we got to talk, it lifted so many burdens off me too. you're still the only friend in my life who knows me inside and out and yet loves me exactly as I am, flaws, sin, brokenness and all - it takes a powerfully good person to do something like that.

misses and kisses,
leigh