Thursday, March 3, 2011

my kitten for a day

This is Jane.....as in Jane Doe or Jane Austen. She also has gone by (in the past 2 days) midnight, scratchy, bowser, night star, licks-a-l0t, baby jane, janie, cuddles, cuddlecakes.....(you can tell my nieces had some help in the name department).

Yesterday I went over to my sister's for dinner and her neighbor had found this adorable 4 week old kitten with no mom and no collar (so no home). They couldn't keep it, my sister couldn't keep it, so I was the only one left. If you know anything about me, you know that I typically despise cats. There have only been a few that I somewhat even like, but this one was different. She was so tiny and just so sweet and cuddlely that I had to take her in. It was me or the pound. So my sister and I bought her kitty litter and other such kitty things and we all thought of cute names.
Sadly, I only got to keep her for one day. It honestly broke my heart to have to give her up and say goodbye. I can't get into the why I had to let her go, but it was so difficult to do. I almost want to hit myself for getting so attached after such a short amount of time..... I think it was just nice having a pet around again to care for and cuddle with. Especially since I've just been feeling so emotional and lonely as of late....you know those awful feelings you can't shake and you're not entirely sure why you even have them.....
But here is Jane...the only photos I have of her. I just hope she can find a good home.


In other news this week has been an extremely off one. I can't really get into detail without writing a 20 page blog and I also want to shy away from the sad rants (eh.....minus the one above I guess).....but I just haven't been feeling myself. I've been overly emotional (stress I'm sure) and I feel like I've just been hit with one damn thing after another and at the end of the week I am tired, stressed, and feeling completely insignificant. I'll bounce back I know, but it just sucks that even the good things (because there are always good things) have been overshadowed....
I wanted so badly to tell everyone I ran into yesterday about my awesome review from my directing teacher and supervising professor on my internship performance. It was an amazing review and I honestly wanted to cry I was so happy about all the sweet things they said an complemented me with. Instead, I wasn't able to tell the 2 people I wanted to share with the most..... and now who knows when I'll get to tell them.... damn this feeling. Damn the bad overshadowing the good right now. Damn this overwhelming feeling of ....... sadness and damn not having 2 of the closest people in my life by my side right now.

Okay...rant over.
Although this does make me think of one of my favorite verses.... "When life is good, enjoy it and when life is hard, consider this....God made both and no one knows what tomorrow will bring." Ecclesiastes 7:14

-kellie

11 comments:

jessica said...

You know, I am here if you need me. You just have to answer the dag gam phone. Hoping your week gets better :)

Alycia said...

i'm sorry you're having a tough week. that kitteh is really cute though :)

A Lost Feather said...

aw i'm sorry about the kitty. i hope she finds a nice home. i would miss her 2 after one day, you can't help but get attached.

i know how you feel.. unexplainable "blah." i feel a little like that right now. i'm hoping a good night's sleep will cure it. hope it works for you too :)

PencilGirl said...

Awww... That was such a cute kitten.. Sorry you had to let it go.. :(
Your posts always make me feel really nice, so I hope things get better for you soon..
I've passed on the stylish blogger award to you.. Please drop by and pick it up whenever you can.. :)

Whimsical Woodland said...

Kellie-

First off a huge (and deserving) congrats on the great review you received. Another step closer on making your teaching dreams a reality.

Sorry about the kitten. She was definitely a cutie. She might not have been "the one", but I'm sure there is another fur-ball out there with your name on it.

One of the things I enjoy most about your blog is that you keep it real. A lot of blogs make it seem like life is perfect, and I appreciate that you are honest with your readers.

It's been a crappy week here as well. Too bad so many states seperate us, because sounds like a girls night out would do us good!

Keep your chin up!

Treehugger_31 said...

Cute little kitty! Sorry you couldn't keep her. I can't imagine my life without my feline friends.

I hope you get to feeling better soon! Hugs!

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

She's adorable. I love cats/kittens. I want another 1, but my hubby won't let me. Hope you cheer up soon.

Collette said...

I had a similar kitten experience. Me and a friend rescued one from the side of the road where these teens were kicking it. I brought it home and completely fell in love with her, and spent all weekend buying necessary supplies and treats for the little dote. But my housemate came back after the weekend and made me bring it to the pound, or move out. Sad face.

Also, I've passed on an award to you. I don't know if you accept them, but if you do, tip on over to my blog to receive it.

xo

Tiffany said...

Thinking of you Kellie!!
Love you~
Call me this weekend if you would like to talk! :) I would love it!

Unknown said...

that wll be stress. Chocolate and a bath. POssibly a good cry could help!
kiss the kitty! kitty cuddles always help x

Beautycurly said...

...how cute....love this cat...