Monday, August 26, 2013

good reads- a best seller, a teen novel, and a series, oh my!

One amazing thing about having the entire summer to myself was all the reading I got to catch up on. Here were a few on my list.....
 The Book Thief. An amazing and incredible book. I just finished it and I'm a little sad. I'm a huge fan of WWII books, so I really looked forward to reading this one. To make it more unique (which appealed to me even more) was that it was a different view point than most are. I can't say enough good things about this book. While it is sad, it is so heartwarming.

Branded. A wonderful book, that while it is a "teen" novel, even I as an adult thoroughly enjoyed it. The writing wasn't the absolute best, and it wasn't as detailed as I would have liked (and maybe even needed) but the story was extremely interesting. But beware: it's supposed to be a trilogy, but the authors just finished this book, so it will be awhile before the next come out. (This made me a little sad).


The Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Okay- I'll admit it...these would be classified as "trash". And they definitely are adults only. But one thing I love reading in the summer is chicklit and this series was up my alley. The series as a whole has 12 books and I can't wait to take on the next one on my list (10th!!!). Some of the language annoyed me (huge buff vampires shortening words like "addy" for address or "deets" for details. But the stories were intriguing and I love that each book in the series highlights another character, while still incorporating all of them.

Any good read recommendations from yall??
-kel

1 comment:

Kirsty.A said...

I enjoyed THe Book Thief too. The GIrl Who Fell From THe Sky by Simon Mawer was my favourite of the 10 novels I read on holiday