Wednesday, December 23, 2009

goodbye to my bestie


Last night I had to say goodbye to my best friend and roommate for the past 4-5 years. Ususally around this time she goes home for the holidays, leaving the place to just me for a month. This time it's different and honestly, extremely sad. She's moving today. I wish I could find the words to express how sad I am about this or how much I love her or am going to miss her, but I feel not even Webster's dictionary has the words I'm looking for... there are no words.
I know it's not goodbye-goodbye, afterall I will see her next weekend and for the next several months she's only 5 hours away, but knowing she won't be in the next room when I'm sad or bored, or just really wanting best friend time sucks. Completely sucks. She's been my roommate since freshman year of college and now I feel like we are actually growing up....

It's funny, when I met her, I knew from the get go that I wanted to be her friend. I'm not exactly sure why or what made me think that, but somehow I just knew off the bat that we would be good friends. Of course, little did I know that we would become best friends our senior year of high school, move to Jacksonville together and become roommates for the next 4-5 years.
It's been awesome having my best friend so close. And we've gone through so much together that has strengthened our friendship even further. Looking back on all the heartbreak, laughs, memories, cakes, movies, pillow fights, parties, late nights, girl talks, and crying moments it's incredible to think about how much we both have grown. I am so thankful to have her in my life and as my friend and sister. I don't think I could have survived college without her!!!
I love you Leigh!
<3>

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

awww so sweet! Best Friends are the best!