Wednesday, October 10, 2012

thoughts on finally being a teacher

Today while I was up at the white board teaching, I suddenly felt like I was back in time.  I remembered being back in elementary school, hanging out in my playroom, writing on my mini chalkboard, pretending to teach to my stuffed animals and for a minute I had to stop and smile. On a day like today, twenty years ago I was hanging out at home, pretending I was a teacher and so excited for the day when I finally would have my own classroom. And it finally happened. I finally have my own room. My own whiteboard. My own students (who aren't stuffed animals... although at least those guys didn't talk back or threaten me....). It hasn't been easy by any means, but I felt so content at the fact that I have finally achieved the goal I wanted and worked at for so long. I feel like a real grown up. It's a little scary....

An on another note.... today was that day, the day I look forward to every year, October 10 (10-10).
 (You can see previous posts (and explanations) here, here, and here.)
Yet it was nothing out the of extraordinary. It was a good day, don't get me wrong, but nothing like I've been hoping for). Maybe next year.

-k

1 comment:

Amber said...

This makes me soooo happy. I can't wait for that day.
So happy for you!

<3