Monday, September 16, 2013

Good Things// volume 1

 During middle school (and even some high school) my parents got separated, divorced, and then my dad passed away shortly there after. So suffice to say, my parents thought it would be best for me to see a therapist. For the most part I hated it and I hated talking to a stranger about my problems. I did gain a helpful piece of advice (if that's what you want to call it...). He told me to keep a journal and whatever I write down, to follow it up with a list of good things that happened that day (and to write them in a different, bold color ink- so it would stand out). What I realized, was that the more I focused on the positive, the more positive I became. 
I'm not very good at keeping a written journal anymore (no matter how many times I make it a goal), but I do have this blog. And while I've tried to write mostly positive here, I'm not always good about sharing my everyday good. So why not start a new series?? 
So here it is.... (for however long it lasts).


Good Things.
volume 1:
- This morning, after hearing one of my students almost in tears because her backpack broke and her mom couldn't buy her a new one, a mom (who has never met the child or myself before) pulled me to the side and told me she was going to buy my student a new backpack and she'd be right back. The smile on my student's face was absolutely priceless as she showed off her new backpack to me was priceless.

-One my of my student's celebrated her birthday today and saved me a cupcake (which was totally amazing, by the way)!

-Girls night dinner tonight! I love those ladies so very much!

-A new show premieres tonight, which I've been looking forward to for awhile...Sleepy Hollow.

-Chloe cuddles. (Minus the biting of course).

-kel

No comments: