Thursday, January 27, 2011

as of late

This week I am fighting off being sick, still writing tons of lessons (and trying to catch up on them), watching How I Met Your Mother from the very beginning, getting ready for my awesome friend coming into town, and just trying to soak it all in.
One of my students made me this drawing (he tried to copy a painting his mom has) and gave me the bookmark he made for a contest in class. He and I may butt heads a lot, but he's such a sweet kid (when he wants to be). In fact, all my students are great. We have power struggles every once and a while, but for the most part, they are the best and I love spending my weeks with them.

My awesome pal Erica and I also made a stop at Cammie Cakes this week. I love that place and their cupcakes are the best. I ended up settling for just the sweet potato and white chocolate macadamia, although I could've gone for one each!




xoxo
kel

5 comments:

Keisha Rae said...

yay! You're watching HIMYM!!! How are you liking it so far? laughing A LOT?? Also, it sounds like teaching is going great! I'll continue to keep you in my prayers, I can only imagine how challenging and rewarding that job can be!

Tiffany said...

Miss you! Hope you are doing well! :)

...on the brink of something beautiful said...

Miss you too Tiffany!!!!

And Keisha- yes I LOVE IT!!!! best show. watching it right now actually :)

Unknown said...

Awww! I'm so glad you love teaching! And I definitely know the kind of kid you mean. I have one of those. He does everything he can to provoke me, but then do you think I can get rid of him at the end of the day? haha.
URGH! Kids are sweet, smart, irritating and stupid all mixed into one.

Unknown said...

thats so sweet!! a drawing and cake! awesome!