Monday, July 16, 2007

back to work and a bit (or more) of complaining

So today was the first day back at work. I have to say I was less than thrilled. I know that the first days back are always the toughest, but there's more to it than that.
I think I'm just jealous. I'm jealous of the people that don't have to waste away in an office from 8-5 Monday to Friday. And that I am missing out on having vacation time or hanging out with friends. I know I should probably shut up and count my blessings and accept the fact that I need money and I therefore need a job. But I just feel like I'm wasting valuable time. As soon as I graduate college I feel like that is it for me. I will have to work all the time so I only have now to travel and be a crazy 20 year old. I want to go to the beach. I want to keep going to Monday lunch with some of my friends. I want to visit old friends. I want to sleep late and stay up late. I want to sit by the pool and read until I can't anymore. I want to go on a road trip. I want to go to Europe. I want to hang out with friends and be wild and crazy so that when I am older and have a job and responsibilities I can remember now and how happy I was.
My job isn't so horribly bad. I love the people I work with-- all of them and I find that to be a miracle. And what other boss would hold a job open for me for 2 months while I went to school, had oral surgery and had a mini vacation? Plus I got a raise. And I get to work with my mom. So I should be happy right? But I don't like law and I don't enjoy my job. I hate having to leave by 7-7.30 AM to get there on time. I hate that I have to go to bed at 10 (which means I'm screwed since right now it's 10:30 and I still have to shower).
Ok so I'm also a little bit jealous of one of my bosses too. Granted he's owned this company since forever and he has every right to do this, but every month this summer he has gone on vacation. And I don't mean just to visit his kids. I mean to France and Utah and far away places for weeks at a time sometimes. Ok so I don't really have that kind of money-- but still. I just wish I was free of responsibility. I wish that I could just take off and drive like I wanted to before. I wish that I knew where I wanted to go. And maybe even a few friends to go with me. HINT HINT.
But I guess I have to be the poor stick in the mud that stays home and works even though I feel as if it is sucking all the energy from me and most days I absolutely hate it!

3 comments:

jessica said...

I'll be the first to say I already have the 12th- 21st off. I AM going on a trip... details yet to be determined!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

hey work sucks. thats what blogs are for! lol
i don't know how to add friends on this thing btw.