Thursday, April 26, 2012

a new workout schedule??

A couple things about me (you know, so you can understand the rant I'm about to go on)......

First of all, I love sleep. If it were a person, I'd marry it (sorry Steven). I love it so much that since I can remember it has been extremely difficult to wake up and anyone that usually tries to wake me before I'm ready....well let's just say it's not the easiest task.
I remember in middle school I would be late all the time because I just couldn't/wouldn't get out of bed (okay maybe some things don't change...). My dad tried an incentive/reward system with me to try and help. If I could get out of bed and be on time for school for a week I'd get something awesome. But honestly, Channing Tatum could be standing outside my door, naked, with chocolate and I'm pretty sure I'd still stay in bed (sorry again Steven).

I also am not the biggest fan of working out. One, I feel like I never have the time. I work from 8:30 until 6 (without a lunch break) everyday. By the time I get home it's dinner time and then my night is gone. I've tried to fit in a work out anyway, but I feel like there's either no time or I'm too exhausted from my day. I also like to pretend sometimes that I have a perfect body and therefore do not need to work out (ha!!) But illusions can only last so long I suppose.

So this morning I woke up (surprisingly, even with Steven's help) at 6:30. I got up (reluctantly after pro/conning staying in bed versus the gym) and actually got a nice little work out in. Strangely, even though it was a bit difficult, it wasn't anything like I'd imagined. And I'm starting to wonder if maybe I've found my ideal time to work out.  Which makes me laugh, because so many people have told me to try this and I've literally laughed in their faces. (If you were one of them, I'm sorry!)

the new and improved (?)
kellie

ps- Since this is the first and so far only day this has occured, I do realize that there is a HUGE possibility that I will look back on this post in a month and laugh at myself. Or maybe I'll keep it up..... we shall see.

6 comments:

*krystyn* said...

Did I miss the Week 47 list??? We are almost to the end!!

Unknown said...

Good luck! This hardest part of the workout is your first steps out the door.

Amanda Rose
http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

...on the brink of something beautiful said...

krystyn...nope you didn't miss it. i've just gotten behind, but it'll be up soon!! promise!

Kirsty.A said...

Good luck with it. I can do the 6.30 get-up, but not the gym!!

*krystyn* said...

yay - thanks! I'm loving this project!! You are doing a great job with it!!

INNAVOIGNOb DNOMYAr said...

Has this continued... Im thinking not :) I need to.stat a blog.