Thursday, August 18, 2011

time to celebrate!


Break out the champagne, get some confetti, light up some sparklers, and bring on the balloons, we're celebrating. (Okay, more like I am celebrating).
This Monday I had an interview and not only did I get the job, but my now boss told me I was the only one she wanted to interview and hired me on the spot!!! It was an incredible feeling. For the first time, I interviewed for a job I so badly wanted. Granted, working at Forever 21 is awesome and I did hope for the job, but this one is different. If I didn't get the job I would've been upset and the night before I was mentally trying to prepare and not get too excited. When I was offered the job, I said yes right away. It may not be my "dream job" but it's a definite foot in the door. Yall are now looking at an extended day, homework academy teacher. I may not have my own classroom and I may only teach for an hour a day, but it will be well worth it. The school is a private one in Duval and I am hoping to one day get a teaching job there (crossing my fingers hoping).

So this Monday I will start. We're having a meet and greet time and I get to introduce myself to the rest of the staff, parents and students I will be working with this year. I cannot wait. Seriously.
I am therefore celebrating (on my own) with drinks and pretty balloon photos. Monday will be a big day....
And here goes working 2 jobs again. This time, I'm kinda looking forward to it though.

Thanks for stopping by to share in the moment with me!!

xoxo
kel

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Kellz! I am SO happy and proud of you! I hope your so happy with your new job and I just KNOW that you will be amazing at it!

Sarah Dawneé said...

Congrats, Kelly!!!
I'm very happy for you!!!!!

Nicole Marie said...

yay!! congratulations!!

Tiffany said...

So happy for you!!!!
Update me on your life in an email soon! Miss you!

Danielle Dadamo said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

I know this is something you want and it is great to see you get your foot in the door. You are on to bigger and great things! Whatever you need, from one teacher to another, let me know.

XOXO,
Danielle
itisajoiseywayofthinking.blogspot.com