Friday, October 28, 2011

one crazy week

While my blog may have been quiet this past week, my life certainly has not been. So here's the story) and don't worry, it comes with photos.

Since Halloween is coming up, Steven and I decided to get a jumpstart on our fall traditions.

We went to the pumpkin patch (conveniently located across the street)




We also had our annual "fright night", consisting of scary movies in a row with some homemade chilli, by yours truly. Although this year, I also decided (thank you pinterest) to add some scary treats to the mix too!

(one downer: I was kinda sick. boo colds)



They didn't turn out as well as I would've liked, but at least I worked out the kinks before Halloween!


And of course there was also pumpkin carving!





I really wanted to make my pumpkin all by myself this year (since last year I had no clue what I was doing at Steven had to come to my rescue....it was my first time carving afterall). Thank you pinterest and hgtv.com for the help on the outlines!


And of course, we cooked some pumpkin seeds!



Saturday since I felt better Steven and I had a date day. I tried really hard to keep everything we were doing a surprise, but when you have 2 bikes in the back of your car, it's hard to not know what's going on..... oh well. We biked, had a picnic, and played paddle ball in the park. All in all an awesome morning/afternoon with my love.


and in case you are wondering why I'm looking funny....I wanted to make sure the light was still red.










Saturday night my girlfriend Jenn and I went shopping. And I may or may not have tried on this giant sock monkey onsie for adults. But it's not like I walked around the store in it....oh wait...I did. haha


Sunday, the wonderful boyfriend came home from work at lunch and surprised me by taking me to Cracker Barrel. I'm seriously in love with their home-cooking style food, but hey, who isn't??


And Monday night was the Jaguar home game versus the Ravens.

*we won*






The down side to Monday night was a lost my phone in a porta-potty. Before you get too grossed out, let me explain.... It only fell on the floor, which yes is nasty enough.

Then, some girl took my phone. I seriously thought I'd die when I realized not only was it gone, but she could get a hold of all my personal info from it! YIKES! Luckily, there are decent people out there, and her boyfriend returned the phone the next day. And my amazing boyfriend went to pick it up. *whew*

This week also had some more down sides though.....

-My step-dad had to go to the hospital for tests and has been there all week. Happily, he gets to go home today, but his tests weren't all that great. If you have made it this far in my post, please keep him in your prayers.

- I've had a lot of long nights and I'm ready for a quiet weekend.


Last night though, I got some down time with some of my favorite girl friends. We ordered pizza and made some halloween crafts for our party coming up!!






So there's my crazy week. Now it's time to take a definite breather!

oh and TGIF!!!!!


xo

kellz

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow you have been busy love all the Halloween goodies!!!

Unknown said...

My son would be so jealous of you getting to see the Jaguars beat the Ravens. He is a HUGE Jags fan, especially Blaine Gabbert!

Jenna Southern said...

very cute. i love your blog. :)