Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Let them eat bread

Someone once said that that life is not about finding yourself, but creating yourself. I'm not sure if I agree with this. Granted, we all have to create the person we want to be, but I think there are just some things about ourselves we can't change and so in that aspect, we are finding ourselves.
Here is what I DO know: (random facts about me that make me...well me)

- I LOVE books. I don't think I can emphasis love enough. I could spend all day in Barnes and Noble and not be bored. In fact many times people beg me to leave hours before I am ready.

-I love bread. I think it is in fact one of my weaknesses. But if I could only eat one food, this would be it. (or maybe cake.... toss up)

- I love to travel. Even though I get sick almost every time I travel, I still have fun. I like seeing new places and experiencing new things. In fact, every place I go to now I always come up with a list on why or why not I would move there... so far the list of places I HAVE to live include: DC, NYC and England.

- At times I feel I am OCD or at least annal about things. (Hold back laughter please). I have to have order and neatness. As most of you can attest to.

- I hate when people break promises. I know it is going to happen at some point, but there comes a point when it happens so frequently that I just can't trust people... and I don't think it should ever come to that point.

-I hate when people don't think for themselves. Yes we need advice from, but we need to have our own opinions on things as well!!

- I am obsessed with music. I wish that my life had a soundtrack. It would include songs like: (Suddenly I see by KT Tunstall, Learning to fly by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Bittersweet symphony by The Verve and To love again by KACI)

- I love movies and perhaps watch too many of them.

- I hate cheesy romance. In the movies it CAN be ok, but in real life...I don't know maybe it just seems to fake.

- I wish more people were honest with me. If your friends won't tell you the truth, who will? And yes sometimes the truth hurts, but sometimes it needs to be heard.

- I love the feeling I get after going to church on Sundays. Why I don't go anymore still bewilders me though.

- I'm not where I want to be in life. I don't know what exactly I want to be, I just know that I'm not happy with where I am and who I am. I guess it is just because I still have more growing up and living to do.

- I love reorganizing and redecorating things. Usually I do this when I am bored or depressed.

- I wish there was a song out there about a girl named Kellie (or Kelly, w/e). It doesn't have to be about me, I just want a song that I can sing along with and pretend it was about me.

- I wish that like in the end of TV shows (or Gilmore Girls to be more exact) the end of every night was concluded with witty remarks and bonding.... followed by the camera panning out and the music cutting in while the voices faded and somehow you knew that everything was going to be ok (at least for the moment).

- And I wish that work was more enjoyable than a chore.

3 comments:

jessica said...

http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/alabama/goodbye-kellys-song-4239.html

http://www.amazon.com/Ward-Pickin-Parlor-Shawn-Mullins/dp/B000CSTKCO (scroll down)

& download...

Has anybody here seen Kelly?
Kelly from the Isle of Man.
Mother Kelly's doorstep
Derby Kelly

Woody sang this one on cheers...
http://home.online.no/~espenas/cheers/kellysong.htm

See...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hJjx7jTHA8

jessica said...

i didn't see Becoming Jane yet. It's only playing in two theaters down here. stink. Do you thin kit we'll be able to find it up there?

Oh! and I got my roomates names and our new address.

G-H-E-T-T-O Hello :)

I have to go buy my mase.

...on the brink of something beautiful said...

I had actually heard of the Kelly song from Cheers. He also sings one "my little kelly kelly kelly kelly...." (almost same as this one).
Thanks by the way.. that was awesome.
There are songs about me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)