Thursday, August 9, 2007

So many blind dates, I deserve one of those dogs...

Numerous people in recent days have been trying to set me up. I don't get it. It is as if I have "Single. Miserable. Loser. Unable to find her own date, so please set me up with anyone" tattooed on my forehead. Not sure if all that could actually fit there.... It is just as if they find me to be in need of a boyfriend, who knows why, and they end up setting me up with guys that just are not for me. Or perhaps, they know something I don't. Maybe there is a lesson here. Something that I am suppose to learn from all this setting up. Could it be revenge for all the times I tried to do it to my friends in the past? Or is it something completely different?
This elderly couple came into our office today and it kind of hit me. Not really now, but at some point I want to find my Mr. Right. I want to fall in love and spend forever with him. Although I think it is just that that scares the crap out of me. With divorce being so rampant and occurring to couples like my parents that seemed to be so perfect, forever doesn't seem possible. Then in getting myself all scared about the future I realize the whole thing takes faith. Faith in something bigger than me, bigger than my dreams and bigger than society's expectations.

3 comments:

jessica said...

Tattoo? No that's not what's tattoo'ed on your forehead. Let me tell you what it say, "Beautiful, compassionate, intelligent, witty, talented & loved."

Reading that, why wouldn't they want to set you up?

I'm all for tattoos, you should get one :)

BTW Faith is key in what you said. There is NO other way. I struggle with the same doubts and that is my conclusion as well. Chin up :) See you soon!

Anonymous said...

ya blind dates usually aren't very productive. you know what you're looking for better than anyone else.

on the faith note, I think you're right. One thing I've learned is that if you think that faith is something you can understand...then you don't have enough of it. It's when you know that you need faith that you really feel its effects

hope all is well

...on the brink of something beautiful said...

I want a tat as well, just have to come up with a REALLY ood one first...