Tuesday, February 16, 2010

fact tuesday (v.6) on FAT TUESDAY!!

Happy fat tuesday!!! (or is it phat??)
Either way, it's mardi gras!!! Actually the name for my tuesday posts started because fact sounded so similar to fat, and of course the tuesday of mardi gras is awesome!!

I realized that I've had this blog for a long time, but never explained the names..... that is my url name and my blog title. While I wish I could take the credit for such an awesome phrase, I can't and must give credit, where credit is due.
They both come from Mae songs. At the time I was in love with the band Mae, and I still really love them. Their love songs are beautiful and they make my heart melt a little.

"On the brink of something beautiful" is taken from Mae's 2nd albulm, The Everglow and is in the song "Ready and Waiting to Fall"



MAE LYRICS
"Ready And Waiting To Fall"


Drowning, just as fast as I can.
But don't throw me a line, don't reach out your hand.
'Cause, I'm on the brink of something beautiful and I want to sing about it,
but I don't know where to begin.
Write it in a letter,but the words don't come out right.
Trying to explain how nobody can do me like.
You don't understand how helpless I can get
Since the day that we met.
Oh can you feel it yet?
It's never been more perfect being alive
I've never been so satisfied.
Oh...I could feel something different for the first time
Heaven made sense and all the words rhymed.
No chance of stopping now.
I'm taking it all.
And now I'm caught in the air, its a good glide.
Pass it up, wouldn't dare what a wild ride.
I remember being ready and waiting to fall
just like I did tonight.
Spinning around and around
Until my left was my right and up became down.
With just one look you knocked me off of my feet.
So unable to speak.
Oh how you made me weak.
Though it was a while ago, I still can recall.
That moment so ready, and waiting to fall.
Can you take me back in time remembering when you captured my heart?
Over and over again.
It's never been more perfect being alive
I've never been so satisfied.
Oh...I could feel something different for the first time
Heaven made sense and all the words rhymed.
No chance of stopping now.


--beautiful eh??
If you've never listened to Mae, you should! It's so beautiful and inspiring! I typically put on their music when I'm trying to be creative and crafty--it really helps!! So go listen to them. Right now.

love,
kel

3 comments:

Allison said...

Ooh, this is a beautiful song.

Brianna Renee said...

i just stumbled upon your lovely blog & just wanted to pop a little hello. good song tooo =)

...on the brink of something beautiful said...

hello! im glad you found it! i hope you like it!
and yes, awesome song