Saturday, February 13, 2010

love is in the air

This weekend has been valentines day on speed! So much is going on, but luckily I still have managed to make time for relaxing and alone time!!! :)

I also was able to make some homemade valentines cards for some special people!

this one I made for the boy!



this one i made for the bestie!




i made these valentines from a DIY project from Elsie's blog
the bumblebee, from transformers, was for the boy, stephen colbert, bob saget, and ross from friends are for the bestie!!



I also stared (and finished) a heart garland for the youth room on Sunday.

this is step 1 (hanging in my room, because originally that's where I was going to hang it...)


step 2- adding more hearts of different colors, shapes and designs


and more hearts!!!!

<3
I did finish the heart garland by adding Bible verses to it (since I'm hanging it the youth room at church). All the verses are about love, God's love for us, our love for Him, and our love for each other. I'm hoping to take pictures of it completed to share. I really like how it came out!

<3
Since I work all day tomorrow, the boy and I celebrated valentines day/anniversary yesterday. He cooked me dinner (which I must brag about and tell you how amazinggggg it was!!!!). He also spiced it up with some wine, cupcakes (my weakness!), and let me choose a chick flick to watch. He typically despises chick flicks, so I thought it was incredibly sweet of him to be soo willing to watch one with me. (I picked The Devil Wears Prada!)

<3
I hope your valentines day is auh-mazing!!!!! Love you all!!! :)

kelz

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

ahhh I love love love the card you made for your hubby! It's so cute and perfect!! I love everything you drew, especially the pandas!!!!!! Hope you have an awesome Love Day! Your garland is beautiful!!
xoxo,
Lindsay

Lauren @The Little Things We Do.... said...

cute cute!

what lovely little v-day surprises you made :).

happy valentine's day girly!

xo

{Lauren}

@thelittlethingswedo

Allison said...

Ooh, I love these! So inventive and CUTE!

...on the brink of something beautiful said...

thank you ladies!!!

Carol Anne said...

I love the valentines you made! very cute! thanks for following my blog! Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!! <3

Jessica said...

I love the cards you made with Elsie's DIY. I had fun making some of those aswell :)

Stefany said...

Cute cards! We just had a small valentines get together with my best friend and her husband. The boys played Xbox, and we just chatted. Had some chocolate cake and deserts...and really, isn't that what Valentines is about, chocolate?