Wednesday, February 3, 2010

guilty pleasure [confession] Wednesday (v.4)

usually i tend to confess things i (or someone else) may find to be embarrassing about myself, yet i love it anyway (i.e. watching little house on the prairie or listening to spice girls...still). today's guilty pleasure is in NO way an embarrassment; however, it is something i have come to love (perhaps too much). in fact, it may be a slight addiction that i might have to work on....my vice?? online shopping!!!!!

i don't know what happened, but since the last part of 2009 i have become hopelessly in love with shopping online at places such as etsy.com, shoperuche.com, modcloth.com, or even just vintage/thrift shopping.
in fact, i check modcloth daily (ok this i might be a little embarassed about)....but how could i not when the stores have pretty items like the ones below??????
(all of these dresses are found at modcloth.com)
Do you have any shopping guilty pleasures?!?! Do tell!!!
<3>
kel

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

wow... it is so crazy you mention that because... I have an onine shopping addiction too.. Mine is Etsy. I also have a shopping problem with Hobby Lobby and JoAnn's.. ugh! No matter how hard I try I can't seem to not buy way too many things. Glad I'm not the only one with a shopping problem. Shopaholics Anonomous!! haha
xoxo,
Lindsay

Allison said...

I know this obsession all too well.... modcloth is LOVELY. And I seriously can't help "window" shopping!

Lauren @The Little Things We Do.... said...

my guilty shopping pleasure is cheap-o costume jewelry from f21.

and i'm always tempted to online shop, but scared about fit. how do you find the fit @ modcloth and ruche to be?

margot said...

ummmm, i have a shopping addiction big time. online, offline, nearline lol. all shopping...:-)

...on the brink of something beautiful said...

lindsay- i am the same way!! oy, maybe we should start a shopaholics anonamous! lol

lauren- i've so far only gotten 2 dresses from modcloth: west indies dress (which i got in a small and it was wayyyyy too small) and the red dessert rock dress (or something like that-- i got it in a small too and it fits like a glove). so i guess it's been half and half on fitting and not fitting.
ruche on the other hand, i've only gotten one dress from (i got it in small as well) and it too fits perfectly.
sorry if that doesn't really help much....

-kel

Stefany said...

LOVE all of those dresses, though I would never wear them 'cause for some reason I feel naked in a dress. I love Target. I can't go in there without buying something...they have such good clearance.

Amber said...

Can you believe I have never been to modcloth.com?? Ummmm... but I am going to go to there right now:) Yes I am!! Wow! Beautiful dresses!
XOXO

Becky Farley said...

So many! Modcloth is my FAVORITE!! And etsy drains my bank account quick :)

Erin said...

I'll take #3, 4, 5, and 7 please. Thanks. ;)