Thursday, December 15, 2011

moats and boats and waterfalls


This week has felt so off to me. Perhaps it's because the end of the school before the holidays is near (as in 2 days). Or maybe it's because I'm not ready for Christmas to be here yet. Or maybe because just like my students, I take time to adjust to new and different schedules. Or maybe it's that there has been so much going on lately. Or maybe I'm just weird.

Last week we cat and dog sat, I helped put up 2 Christmas trees (and both works), I tried to get Christmas cards together, I read tons of Eat Pray Love (which is amazing, by the way), and I tried not to get bogged down by the negative stuff going on. Not to say life hasn't been good, it has, but I feel that I am one of those people that always lets the bad overrun the good. I hate that. And I don't know if it took Steven saying something or me reading Eat Pray Love, or if it was just an inner thing, but I finally realized that I can and need to change that aspect of myself.

Let me just write a side note here to say how strange it feels to be sharing this on such a public forum (especially since I try really hard to keep my blog a "positive thinking" place). However, in a way I feel like if I own up to it, I will finally be forced to change this habit. I'll be given accountability. And maybe this time next year when I'm looking back at old blog posts I'll be able to point and laugh at my old self who was more of a pessimist.




So that's life in a nutshell (and in instagram photos, haha).









-kellie


ps...if you have instagram, you can find me here: kelzify

8 comments:

Treehugger_31 said...

Love the cat/dog photo! Cuteness overload. :)

I'm the same way...I try to be more optimistic and sometimes I manage to fool myself...but then the pessimist rears her ugly head again. Lol. Something I too need to work on! :)

Unknown said...

I have found this same flaw with myself. Today, actually. So, it was good to see someone is going through the same thing.
Did you see the movie Eat,Pray, Love before you read the book? I saw it and love it but don't want it to ruin the book.
Good Luck!

Unknown said...

I have found this same flaw with myself. Today, actually. So, it was good to see someone is going through the same thing.
Did you see the movie Eat,Pray, Love before you read the book? I saw it and love it but don't want it to ruin the book.
Good Luck!

Whimsical Woodland said...

I appreciate and thank you for keeping it honest. We all have bad days and it takes courage to be able to tell the world about it in such a public way. Happy Holidays!

...on the brink of something beautiful said...

Amanda Rose- i did see the movie. and strangely, i didn't like it at all. but i LOVE the book. haha

Danielle Dadamo said...

The word negativity and i go hand in hand...sometimes i dwell on it way too much. So maybe this is something both you and I can work on in the new year? i plan on reading The Happiness Project right on January 1st and i got The Happiness Project page a day calendar for my desk.

XOXO,
Danielle

Unknown said...

Joisey,
I LOVE THE HAPPINESS PROJECT.it is my favorite book. I actually want to read it again already and I just finished it a few months ago.
I'd love to know what you think of it and maybe we could encourage each other to keep to our own happiness projects. Good luck!

http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

...on the brink of something beautiful said...

Danielle- OMG i want that book sooo badly. my best friend told me about it and i cant wait to read it! and i had NO idea there was a page a day calendar. Where did you find that!?!?