Tuesday, March 2, 2010

random fact tuesday (v.8)

Ok, fact: I hatehatehate the gym!!!

For real, I hate the gym. I like the feeling I get after I go, but I hate going. I hate that I look all disgusting and sweaty. I hate that I'm so completely tired, but I know I have to keep going. I hate that there are always people there, staring..... I hate my sneakers that make me look like I have giant feet. I hate that I have to take a shower after. I just hate it!
Sadly, I know I need to go. I need the endorphins, I need to work on my health and body.
I made a goal for myself that in 2010 I would go to the gym at least 3 times a week. So far, I've gone once...this year....and it's March. Here is where I put my guilty face on and hide in shame. I want to do better, and slowly I kind of have. I've talked myself into going to the gym all the way home from work, but then as soon as I get to the front door my mind is somewhere else, but at least I was thinking about it on the way home. Before I thought about it at work and as soon as I got in my car to leave the thought of going to the gym was out of my mind. Tonight, I actually put on my gym clothes, although I ended up going to the grocery store instead...... but it's a start, at least I finally put the clothes on...right?????

Oy..... I need some motivation to go! For all of you that are gym go-ers or are good at exercising, how do you do it??? Please share your ideas, and secrets! I'm in desperate need!!!



lovelove,
kel

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my gosh I am right there with you I hate going to the gym but i have been forcing myself to go 4-5 times a week. its sucks and im exhausted but i feel a lot better then i did before. and for being sweaty and ugh, dont worry about it, its a friggin gym everyone is sweaty and if they aren't they are abnormal haha

i made a little book of my workouts to help me keep track and to help me stay focused and to keep going. summers around the corner

...on the brink of something beautiful said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way! that makes me feel a LOT better. I like the idea of keeping a book- that's awesome, i may have to as well. and as for summer....yea, that should be my main motivation. altho living in FL i feel like im suppose to have a beach perfect body year round...lol and that doesnt happen.
thanks for stopping by my blog btw
-kel

Stefany said...

Why don't you try doing something like Wii Active or Wii fit instead? You'll still get toned and fit, and it won't seem so boring and gross...plus you can do it in your home.