Sunday, March 7, 2010

PEN PAL news!

Hello all. :)

This past week I mentioned wanting a pen pal and surprisingly I got a lot more responses than I thought I would, which got me thinking....and I think I came up with a good idea (or at least I hope so). I was thinking that it might be fun to have a little group of people to write to! This is how I was thinking it would work:

The plan: If you are interested in participating, e-mail me at kellz0505@gmail.com; include your name, blog name, e-mail address, and address. Once I have all the names complied, I can make it into an e-mail and send it out to everyone that wants to participate. From there, you will each have a list of girls (or guys) that are taking part in this and you can decide when you want to write them. I will suggest though, that you at least try to write everyone once. I don't want it to be a huge group (that way we can avoid anyone feeling too overwhelmed with this fun project) but I think allowing it to be a group thing will make it more interesting.
I am hoping that this will turn into something awesome and each member of the group will be equally involved and we blogger friends can become more acquainted with each other.

I think in order to keep things updated I will update the list each month. So I'll set a deadline for those that want to sign up for March (and since it's the first time for this, we'll combine March and April and start adding new "members" in May) and then come Mayl you can "re-apply" (basically by sending me an email that says you want to still do it) and newbies can join in as well. If you don't want to "re-apply" you don't have to, you just won't send me an email telling me you want to still be apart of the group. And the thing is, if you already had some pen pals that you connected with, you can still write to them, even if you're not in the group.

Soooo, with all that being said, if this sounds like fun to you, please e-mail me with your info and I will get everything together as soon as I can so we can all start!!!!
To participate in March and April's pen pal group, please send me your info by March 15th (Monday), so I can get the info together and send out a mass email!!!
Thank you to all that want to participate!


What do yall think?!?!?!?!


love, kel

8 comments:

katie said...

I'd love to do it, I'll send you an email! I love penpals!

sarah. said...

i love it! :) i cant wait!

sara said...

You should sign up for Happy Mail! It's something similar!

http://happymaillove.blogspot.com/

Jessica said...

This sounds like a fun idea :)

Krystle said...

Ohmygoodness! I love writing/receiving letters :-)

tiff said...

thank you for the comment on my blog (tifftastic)! i think this penpal thing is such a cool idea!! i have wanted to have a penpal for a while now--getting mail is so thrilling, and *hand-written* mail is even better! :) i'll email you my info.

Katie. said...

Great Idea!

This makes me smile. I do Happy Mail too, but I like that this is going to be a smaller group to communicate with.

I am going to email you right now :)

Liz said...

I just sent you my info! Can't wait to meet and connect with new pals!