Monday, May 3, 2010

5 loves on monday :)

Good morning loves! I hope that Monday is treating you well! :)

Here are some things that I am in looooove with right now:

1. snail mail.
seriously, i love this pen pal project and all the other sweet mail that I've been getting from youlovely ladies. I'm really excited about the new additions to the pen pal group too!! Can't wait to get to know all of you!!!

When I got home from my trip, I felt so blessed and spoiled to have so many cute letters waiting for me. I also got one that still makes my heart happy and tears well up in my eyes.... (I'm sorry for the long explaination and mushy-ness of it, but there's a back story and this letter is too amazing to NOT talk about.) After my parents got divored 9 years ago (and my dad died about about 1 year after), my family completely turned against each other. What happened seems so silly now, and while it's taken me forever to forgive them for hurting my mom and not allowing us to his funeral, I had finally forgiven and let go. However, it still is a painful memory, especially for my mom. My family and I still aren't close because of it. However, when I got home I found a letter from one of my dad's sisters addressed to my mom. While I know it's not cool to open someone else's mail, she and I look out for each other and if the letter was harsh, there was no way in hell I'd give it to her! So I read it, all 2 pages and almost cried. Here was my aunt, after 9 years finally asking forgiveness, telling my mom how truly sorry she was for any pain she caused, that she still loved my mom and thanked her for all the wonderful things she had done for our family. I still can't wipe the smile off my face. Something that I NEVER thought possible, became possible. Who knows what will happen now, that's for them to decide. I just know that I am soooooo happy that healing is finally starting!!!


2. Taylor's Closet.
It's one of the cutest places ever and the owners are just full of love, joy, and creativity! It's an awesome organization for girls and they have done an incredible job decorating. If I could live there, I totally would!!! Please, please, please check it out here.




3. style icon: Kate Winslet
Seriously, I love her.




4. grilled cheese
there actually was a point where i couldnt eat it for a few years.... :( i went with a group at school to europe one summer (study abroad) and one place we went was the Czech Republic. on the way to Prague, we stopped at a local resturant to get food. our tour guide (from hell) told us that they had this dish that was grilled cheese, so of course, silly americans that most of us are, we ordered it thinking...sweet! however, it looked more like throwup and shredded cheese mixed together on toast. the taste was about the same, suffice to say that kept me from grilled cheese. but now, about...6 years later i can eat it and it is hmmhh, mhmhmm GOOD!! :)




5. some lovely rings on etsy.
rings are one of my style weaknesses!

this one found here



found here

found here



found here


Well, there you have it, some awesome things that are making me smile and envious this Monday.
What are you loving today?!?!
lovelovelovelove,
kel

12 comments:

mel said...

i also love letters! i just blogged today about my first ever meetup with a penpal. glad to hear about the letter from your aunt, that must feel really great. (i've had tonnes of family bullshit too)

katie said...

ooh, I love that owl ring.

...on the brink of something beautiful said...

mel- thats awesome! im jealous, hehe. and thank you. yea family bullshit is the worst isnt it?? :(

Courtney said...

I'm so excited to start writing to the new ladies on the list. I've already sent out one to a new addition of the list this morning.
I love that blue rose ring but I just never find myself wearing much jewelry anymore.

Katie. said...

I was reading that part about the letter frm you aunt and it almost made me a little teary. What a wonderful surprise.

Unknown said...

I love mail! Those ring are so cute

Carrie

Manda said...

For YEARS I use to snail mail pen pals all over the world, then somehow after I had my girls I just didn't have the same time commitment.
Now that they are a tad older, I have some extra time again... I may have to consider it. Your sentiment about seeing those cute letters, brought a rush of emotion to my heart! Oh how I miss my pen pals :(
But I am loving somethings today... First it was my coffee, then I loved shopping with hubby after we dropped the kidlets at school, I loved all the dessert I ate today, and I LOVED that I can eat it guilt free because I ran 10k this morning!
Mondays are Good!

Lindsay said...

I got your card yesterday, I'll be writing back a loooonnnggg one, so prepare yourself!!
xoxo,
Lindsay

Kristie said...

I love love all the snail mail. How do I join in on the fun?? That is so great about your aunt finally wanting forgiveness. It is just proof that time does heal all wounds. Praying for you sweet friend!

...on the brink of something beautiful said...

katie- thank you! im so glad that i can share with yall and you guys actually care. it makes me feel happy!!!

manda- 10k? wow props to you!!! sounds like an awesome day to me!!! and hey, if you ever want to do the pen pal thing again, we do it bimonthly!! :)

kristie- we actually JUST started another group for may and june, so if you still want to join, send me (via email) your full name and address and i'll add it to the group list and send you everyones addresses so you can start! :)

Anonymous said...

Adore the owl ring ^_^

Amanda said...

I ADORE snail mail. It makes me feel so special and also makes me feel good when I give the mail.