Thursday, June 24, 2010

Inspiration thursday (with Janel from Run with Scissors)

Yay for another lovely lady that was willing to let me feature her here.
I lovelovelove Janel (and I'm sure if you've seen her blog/photos/creations/etc. before you love her too!) She's one of those ladies that just brightens up your day by both her creativity and her sweetness. She radiates love and is a constant source of inspiration for me. There are just not enough words to describe this pretty lady...

Your name: Janel

Where can we find you?
My blog is http:iheartrunwithscissors.com
on Twitter you can find me here http://twitter.com/jbarnholtz
on Flickr, you can find me here http://www.flickr.com/photos/jbarnholtz/

Tell us a little bit about you!
I am an elementary art teacher to kiddos in grades K-5. Dream job!
I create like crazy in my spare time. I am married to my most favorite guy ever, Adam
and we have a sweet sweet chihuahua named Catalina (we call her Cat).
I love the blogging community so much and feel so thankful to meet such amazing people through it (like Kellie)!

Favorite craft or hobby?
This changes like weekly but right now I have to say sewing. I have gotton back into making quilts and pillows, and other vintage inspried items and it's a full time obsession right now :)

What's next for you?
Well, I am working on my Etsy shop, planning a huuuuge update at some point. In my personal life, my husband and I are starting to get ready to adopt. It's a huge thing that we both have dreamed about before we even knew each other. I am really excited to be a mom someday!

5 things that make you happy!
diet dr. pepper, soft pretzels, polaroid film, glitter, and vintage

Where do you find inspiration?
I find a lot of my inspiration from other blogs, flickr, catalogs, and my surroundings.

How do you get and stay motivated??
I make lists, I adore lists :) I live to cross things off. If I can cross something off of my list, or get a sticker for completing something, I stay very motivated. It's silly but true.

Where's one place you would LOVE to travel to if you could?
Hands down, New Zealand. I have wanted to go there as long as I can remember. The people, the culture, the scenery, the history...AMAZING!

Give us 1 random or funny or interesting fact/tidbit about YOU!!!
In high school, I had a pet turtle named Shaquille O'Niel :) Random!!

xo
janel
She's also created a fun journal challenge and she posts a prompt everyday. If you haven't checked it out yet....you better go hop to it!!! You'll be happy you did. :)
Her first page/ Prompt 1:
Thanks again Janel for sharing!!!
so much love,
kelz

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

super fun feature!!
Love Janel!
Love you!
Happy Thursday!

janel. said...

oh yay!!! You are too cute!!
thank you for letting me be a part of this awesome blog today!!
xo
janel

Kayla said...

Great feature!! Janel is such an awesome woman!! I am participating in the 30 day journal challenge and am LOVING IT!

♥kayla

www.themindwandering.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

Yay!!!Great feature! She's one of my favorite people! Happy day to you, Lovely Kellie!!!! Love you! xoxo

Lindsay said...

Janel!!! I love her!!! She is absolutely awesome!!! Love this feature, you always say the sweetest things Kel!!! I heart you!
xoxo,
Lindsay