Thursday, April 1, 2010

happiness is.....

(according to the dictionary):
hap·pi·ness
Spelled[hap-ee-nis]
–noun

1. the quality or state of being happy.
2. good fortune; pleasure; contentment; joy.

Origin: 1520–30; happy + -ness—Related forms

—Synonyms
. pleasure, joy, exhilaration, bliss, contentedness, delight, enjoyment, satisfaction. Happiness, bliss, contentment, felicity imply an active or passive state of pleasure or pleasurable satisfaction. Happiness results from the possession or attainment of what one considers good: the happiness of visiting one's family. Bliss is unalloyed happiness or supreme delight: the bliss of perfect companionship. Contentment is a peaceful kind of happiness in which one rests without desires, even though every wish may not have been gratified: contentment in one's surroundings. Felicity is a formal word for happiness of an especially fortunate or intense kind: to wish a young couple felicity in life.

—Antonyms
1. misery
________________________________________________________________
(according to weheartit.com):
_________________________________________________________________
(According to music): video
the video alone makes me crack up!!!
_________________________________________________________________
What makes me happy:
crafting, friends, family, smiles, sweet gestures, reading, sunny days, cuddling, little kids, the beach, food, yummy coffee, feel good movies, new music, riding in the car with the windows down, dressing up, wearing sweats, traveling, jokes, hugs, kisses, big sweaters, blogging, making new friends, sleeping in, staying up late, snail mail, and of course God.
What makes you happy???
lovelovelove,
kellz
PS
(Happy April Fools Day and Holy Thursday!!!)

5 comments:

Windsor Grace said...

I love this post! And all of the things you gathered. I have been thinking a lot about this subject lately, myself.

Unknown said...

I will 2nd the cup of coffee and a good book! :)

urban craft said...

Whenever I think of happiness, I am reminded of the famous french story I have heard:


When Charles deGaulle decided to retire from public life, the American ambassador and his wife threw a gala dinner party in his honor. At the dinner table the Ambassador's wife was talking with Madame de Gaulle.

"Your husband has been such a prominent public figure, such a presence on the French and International scene for so many years! How quiet retirement will seem in comparison. What are you most looking forward to in these retirement years?"

"A penis," replied Madame de Gaulle.

A huge hush fell over the table. Everyone heard her answer . . . and no one knew what to say next.

Finally, Le Grand Charles leaned over to his wife and said, "Ma cherie, I believe zee Americans pronounce zat word 'appiness."



And I am tempted to drop the h myself whenever I say the word.

Katie. said...

So glad you are feeling happy! Reading this made me stop and think of all the little things that I have to be happy about, including being bloggy friends with some awesome gals :)

p.s. I meant to mail your giveaway package today but I was cleaning ALL DAY! I will have to mail it on Saturday because I don't think the mail runs on Friday due to it being Good Friday.

Liz said...

Great post Kel! Sunshine, long runs, lavender, clean hair, organization, family pets, a boy, blogging, fresh bed sheets, weekend coffee, soy milk, leggings, photography, kisses, printing, getting to know new people, and good books are what make me happy!

Have a happy Easter and a wonderful weekend Kel ;)