Thursday, April 8, 2010

film flick friday

Happy Friday everyone!!
I decided that for film flick friday I will introduce a film category, share my faves and not so faves and then (hopefully) get yalls feedback. I love being able to share with yall on here and I want you (the readers) to feel like you can share here too. So please, when/if you have a comment or recommendation, please share. I love hearing your comments!!!


Tidbit about me:
I use to hate Woody Allen films. Well, I guess I can't say that. It was more of the fact that his personal life freaked me out and I just couldn't ever see myself being able to like any of his movies. But I finally grew up and decided to give them a try. This of course means that I ended up loving most of them!!

The first of his movies I saw was Scoop. SOOO good. I was hooked.


To be honest, I hated Everything Else. I wanted to stop it, but pressed on thinking it might get better....it didn't.


Curse of the Jade Scorpion was really good. Love the time era.


Murder in Manhattan was pretty good, not the best but it def kept me laughing!


Ok...this is the last of his movies I've watched. I saw 15 minutes of it and couldn't stand anymore. Awesome cast and I tend to love musicals, but this one just wasnt for me.



So now, (as I want to do for all my film flick friday posts) tell me--what Woody Allen films do you like/don't like? Did you agree or disagree with any of my opinions? Are there any other films of his that you recommend??? Please do share!!!

love
kel



PS Only 8 followers away from my next blog give-away!!!! Share the love :)

11 comments:

Amber said...

Ummm....LOVED Scoop. It was very cute and quircky. You need to see Annie Hall if you haven't seen it. Diane Keaton is fabulous in it!
Other than that I really don't like anything else he has done. And I agree about his personal life. Little creepy!!

Katie. said...

I just looked at a list of his movies and realized I have never seen a single one. I have always meant to watch Annie Hall, but have never gotten around to it. Maybe I will have to now.

I also totally agree about his personal life. I just think he seems like such a creep, which I am sure has kept me from watching his movies to some degree.

Unknown said...

Annie Hall is a great film. A lot of the jokes you would have heard else where now but it's still funny and worth watching.

Unknown said...

We just netflix-ed "Whatever Works"... it was weird but funny :)

...on the brink of something beautiful said...

Thank you ladies for your comments and suggestions. I can't wait to netflix Annie Hall and Whatever Works. :)
And I TOTALLY recommend Scoop Katie-- it's really good.
I'm also glad that I'm not the only one completely freaked out by his personal life

Krystle said...

We just did an analysis of cinematography and shot composition in Annie Hall for my production class...it's good, technically and visually :-). ps scoop is my fav ever. But I think it's because I love Scarlett jo and Hugh jackman more than anything else lol

swell.life said...

wow i must be in the dark! i haven't seen any of these. will definitely need to add more woody allen to my list.

cute blog!

Unknown said...

I just nominated you for the beautiful blogger award! check it out http://lovequirky.blogspot.com/ xo

...on the brink of something beautiful said...

Thanks for the recommendations!! Annie Hall and Whatever Works are gonna be added to my netflix tonight! :)

and sal-- thanks soo much:)

Heather Toner said...

"Manhattan" is an awesome Woody Allen Film I'd recommend. And it's a bit more obtuse, but "Mighty Aphrodite" is another of my favs.

margot said...

woody is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!
and thank you for the award in the post above! you're the sweetest!