Thursday, April 8, 2010

this has me really angry!

Ok- I usually don't blog about this kinda stuff and honestly I'm not big on politics, BUT I'm really angry about this one.

As I'm sure you all know, I'm in college to be an elementary teacher (and I'm just about to graduate!) Therefore, this subject is very important to me. So please, if you care anything at all about education, look into this! And if you agree with me that this is completely absurd and a horrible deal for teachers, then call, write, anything, but help us make sure this doesn't pass!!!!!

You call Charlie Crist (our governor in FL) at 850-488-7146 and tell his office you want him to veto Senate Bill 6 / House Bill 7189! Anyone can call!

this would mean the world to me
-love yall
kel

5 comments:

Laura Lou said...

I need to look into that... I'm two years away from becoming an elementary teacher. Your blog caught my eye this morning because the title of mine was "You won't like me when I'm angry".... and then I saw yours and I was like.. yeah someone else is angry too! and it's funny because it has to do with politics and mine was about an election...and all sorts of drama. I will definiately look up that bill and read it.

Liz said...

It takes a special person to want to lead and mentor the next generation, so it's a shame that if this bill passes you will be judged and paid according to how well your students perform on standardized tests? That's absolutely absurd!!

kate said...

Hello!

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog!

Gorgeous header photo btw!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Wow. That would be really horrible if that bill passed!

...on the brink of something beautiful said...

thank you everyone. its a pretty crappy deal. just makes wanting to teach in FL that much less of a desire of mine :(